Karen E. Kennedy, President and Founder of National Asset Services, one of the Nation’s leading commercial real estate companies, has been selected by Real Estate Forum magazine as one of California’s influential women for 2015. Selected from a pool of 150 worthy nominees, Ms. Kennedy’s profile, along with 35 other women executives, appears in the June issue of Real Estate Forum. The publication has had a long-standing reputation as one of the industry’s leading providers of news and information about commercial real estate markets in the United States.
This marks the second time Karen E. Kennedy has received recognition by Real Estate Forum as one of California’s Influential Women. The publication first recognized Ms. Kennedy in 2007. At that time, she was Chief Portfolio Officer at SCI Real Estate Investments in Los Angeles.
For recognition as one of the most “Influential Women” by the publication, nominees must have achieved a high level of personal success, while playing a key leadership role in the evolvement of the Commercial Real Estate business in California. Nominees also must have a wide-ranging impact on the advancement of women both inside and outside the Industry.
“I’m humbled by this tremendous honor and share the recognition with my entire team at National Asset Services, my family and my industry peers,” commented Karen E. Kennedy, a 35-year veteran of the CRE Industry. “There are many strong leaders in this industry who happen to be women. They are not only starting to occupy executive positions at California commercial real estate Companies, they are producing results and excelling in their performance. This has legitimized the consideration of quality women professionals for executive advancement by companies throughout commercial real estate. They make a positive difference in our business every single day and have proven that women now have an unquestioned role in our industry. Our industry has an even brighter future because of them.”
Karen E. Kennedy founded National Asset Services in 2008, with a dedication to value enhancement through unbiased, objective, and complete transparency in the management of tenant-in-common structured properties. Karen and her team’s commitment to these principles has earned them the respect and regards of hundreds of investors at properties saddled with non-performing and mismanaged assets. Because of NAS’ reputation, they have almost doubled the company’s management portfolio, solely through referrals from property owners and investors.
Ms. Kennedy also plays a lead role in several community and international outreach organizations benefitting the development, well-being and self-sufficiency of women, children and the Jewish community. These active roles include:
- Major annual contributor to UTU, an African organization dedicated to empowering children through AIDS education. In 2014, Mrs. Kennedy underwrote the building, staff and books for students of a 2-room school in Malawi, naming it for her mother, Pearlie Goodman.
- Member of The Jewish Federation, Los Angeles
- Member of the Self-Help and Recovery Exchange (SHARE!) an organization that helps people in Los Angeles pursue personal growth and change
- Benefactor of Boyar High School in Jerusalem, founded by Ms. Kennedy’s maternal grandfather
- Board member of Daybreak: The only Interim housing and day program that offers services to homeless women living with a mental illness in West Los Angeles